Nasal Breathing…It matters more than you think
From better sleep, to lowering blood pressure and even reducing depression, this seemingly simple act has profound effects on our overall health and well-being.
- Nasal Breathing
- Optimizes oxygen
- Improve Stress and lowering blood pressure
- Release Nitric Oxide and improve oxygen circulation and fights virus
- Better Sleep and cognition
- Promotes belly breathing with numerous positive effect
- Mouth Breathing
- Reduce oxygen intake by 10%-20%.
- Activate fights and flights increasing stress and anxiety
- Bypasses the nose’s filtration system , increasing risk of respiratory infection
- Contribute to sleep apnea and snoring
- Blood Ph increases with numerous negative impacts including pain
Incorporating nose breathing into your daily life can have a profound impact on your health. It’s a small change that can make a big difference. For more info, you can check out ‘Breath, the New Science of a Lost Art’, by James Nestor.
Check out our weekly podcast hosted by Brian Harmon, PT, MBA and Jo Alch, RN with Joy Care Management.
Nexus Home Healthcare developed a proactive clinical approach proven to:
Improve senior health and quality of life
Reduce medical costs to families and insurance
Contact us to inquire about our results and/or how our approach helps meet the needs of your patients and families.
Learn about special announcements, news and more!